Join the Clan Project
Anyone can become a member; THE 'CLAN' PROJECT offers a choice of membership options to provide a membership package for every age and every pocket.
The Annual Membership option runs from 1st January to 31st December in any membership year - renewal reminders being sent out with the December edition of 'Clan News' - and attracts a 'Certificate of Membership' on first application and an Annual Membership Card. Note - if you join us after 1 October then your membership will last until 31 December the following year, i.e. 15 months membership for the price of 12 months!
There are also Life Membership packages available to suit Adults, Seniors and couples; please refer to the full range of membership options available below.
Membership brings with it certain benefits, not least, two editions of our house magazine, 'Clan News', per year (May & December), the right to vote at our Annual General Meeting (not Juniors) and the opportunity to get involved with the project through working parties, the sales team, members' forums etc.
If you are able to bring any experience or useful skills to the project, please let us know - the building of a brand new Class 6MT steam locomotive utilises a range of skills from administration and sales through to heavy engineering and, if you can fill any gap, you will be most welcome.
Apply for Membership today; simply click the button below and complete the online application form. We will respond with bank details for your online payment.
Alternatively you can download and print the Membership Multiform below; then complete the relevant sections, sign and forward, along with your payment to the address on the form.
|Ordinary Adult Member
One person aged between 16 & 60
|Joint ( Adult & Spouse or Partner)
2 people, both aged between 16 & 60
4 people, adults aged between 16 and 60
One person aged less than 16 yrs
One person aged > 60 yrs
2 people one aged > 60 years
Life Membership is available which requires a single initial payment
|Life (Gold) Member
One person aged between 16 & 60 at joining
|Joint Life (Gold) ( Adult & Spouse or Partner)2 people, both aged between 16 & 60 at joining||£750.00
|Senior Life (Silver) Member
One person aged > 60 yrs at joining
|Joint Senior Life (Silver)
2 people one aged > 60 years at joining
|Associate Member||Gifted by Council of Management||
Membership (except Life) renewal will fall due on 1st day of January every year and completed renewal forms and fees MUST be submitted to the Company by not later than 31st January in the applicable membership year.
|Membership Renewal Form|
|Member Details Change|
Click on the relevant pdf to open printable versions of the forms, you will need to print the form out on your printer and mail to:
The Membership Secretary, The Clan Project, Stoneleigh, Old Vicarage Lane, Kemble, Cirencester, GL7 6BB
Please make cheques and Postal Orders out to 'THE STANDARD STEAM LOCOMOTIVE COMPANY LTD'.
Remember to include all your details, address, post code, e-mail address and/or telephone contact number.
If you are a UK taxpayer, please remember to complete the 'Gift Aid' section of the Multiform to allow us to reclaim the tax applicable to your Membership Fee.
In the event of your annual renewal form becoming lost, damaged or spoiled, please download another copy above here.
Data Protection - Terms & Conditions
The membership system for the Clan Project is electronically based and does not use paper records. As such, we will store your personal details on a secure IT system.
- The Standard Steam Locomotive Company Limited is the data controller. Membership data is currently stored in a password protected Excel spreadsheet. Data is backed up to a secure system hosted by a third party commercial web hosting service. Personal data can only be accessed by administrators with the correct access privilege and using their username and password. We may change to a secure, online membership system in the future.
- We use your personal data solely for the purposes of informing you about Standard Steam Locomotive Company Limited activities and for managing your membership records. We mainly use postal mail for all communications although we may use e-mail more in the future for those members who record a preference for e-mail communication.
- We do not exchange your personal data with any other person or organisation.
- We hold the following information about you :
- Name, address, contact details
- Details of membership payments
- Details of donations
- Records of communications sent to you
- Miscellaneous Notes