Donating to the 'CLAN' Project
Our Current Appeals are
This appeal is to build the front bogie which is the next stage in our build plan. Currently the design team are converting the British Railways drawings into CAD models. We are also seeking quotes from suppliers. An interesting challenge will be the rectangular section (i.e. not round) springs that control the horizontal movement of the bogie. You can view the components we need at the bogie appeal page. If you would like to sponsor any component, large or small, please get in touch!
|Getting Quotations||Raised : £ 63,150.00|
Once the components connected with the bogie frame have been ordered, our attention turns to the components around dragbox at the rear of the frames. This includes the hind beam, rubbing plates and block and the substantial gussets that transfer the weight of the rear of the engine to the pony truck. To see more details of the components we require, please visit the dragbox appeal page.
|Target : £ 30,000.00||Raised : £ 18,970.00||
Percentage complete : 63.2 %
Boiler Phase 1
We are now starting to plan for the manufacture of the boiler. The first phase of the work will be to convert the original British Railways drawings of the boiler and firebox into drawings that can be used in a modern manufacturing plant.
|Target : £ 60,000.00||Raised : £ 5,508.00||
Percentage complete : 9.2 %
Make a Donation
To make a donation by cheque and post, please print off this form and send it to the address on the form.
If you would like to make a donation using bank transfer, please complete the following form. Your details will be e-mailed to us and we will respond with bank account details. Fields marked with an * are mandatory fields
Gift Aid is a scheme which allows the Clan Project to claim from HMRC, the basic rate of tax their donors have paid. Gift Aid increases the value of donations by 25%, so it means even more money goes to the project – and it won't cost you extra. To allow us to claim Gift Aid, you must be a UK taxpayer and supply your address.
The Clan Project uses electronic records of donations and will store your details on a secure IT system.
- The Standard Steam Locomotive Company Limited is the data controller.
- We use your personal data solely for the purposes of maintaining details of donations for our financial records.
- We do not exchange your personal data with any other person or organisation.
- As a donor, we will only store the data you enter on this form. If you sponsor a specific component, we will store that direction.
- We will not store any of your financial details on our system, e.g. bank account details, credit card details
- You can access all of the information we hold on you by contacting the membership secretary.
- You can ask us to delete your records at any time.